Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gmail tip: Don't forget to check your spam filter

Most of these are spam, but at least one definitely isn't.

Before I incur the wrath of non-Gmail users, let me just note that this tip also applies to Hotmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, and so on. But because I'm a Gmail user myself, and that's where my story begins, that's where I'm putting my focus.

When was the last time you checked your spam filter? I ask because until recently, I hadn't looked at mine for months. That's because I use Gmail, and the service is so good at keeping junk out of my inbox, I pretty much forgot spam existed.

But a few days ago, I went searching for an email that never arrived, and wondered if perhaps it had gotten caught in Google's filter.

It hadn't. However, I was surprised to discover a handful of other messages in the spam inbox that definitely weren't spam. Nothing crucial, but items I was a little bummed to have missed.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Source: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2040415/gmail-tip-dont-forget-to-check-your-spam-filter.html#tk.rss_all

textPlus linkedin twitter youtube gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment